Car Leasing Secrets That Save you Money
Many people don't realize that everything about a car lease is
negotiable. However, dealers might not expect you to know how to
negotiate. If you are looking for a car lease, read on for tips that
could save you money:
* No matter whether you're leasing or buying, a competitive situation
between dealers will get you the lowest price. Use
CarLeasingSecrets.com's free lease quote system to shop for the best
leasing terms. When dealers know they are bidding against one another,
they will offer better terms.
* You should always negotiate the purchase price (known as the
capitalized cost), not the monthly payments.
* Find out the residual value that is being used used to calculate the
amount you'll pay, and the purchase price of the car that you would
pay if you choose to buy the car when the lease ends. You also need to
know the money factor, which is similar to an interest rate. To
calculate the interest rate, multiply the money factor by 2,400.
* Be sure that you are aware of all fees involved. You should expect
acquisition fee at the start and a disposition fee when you turn in
the car. But remember- these leasing fees are also negotiable.
* Your lease should include what is known as guaranteed auto
protection, or GAP, insurance, which protects you in the event car
gets stolen or totaled. The GAP is the difference between the balance
owed on the lease and the value of the car.
* Shorter lease terms are better, as they take advantage of a major
"plus" with leasing- you get a new car more often. You don't want to
make payments on a car for 4-5 years and own nothing. Also, don't sign
a lease on a car for longer than the manufacturer's bumper-to-bumper
* If the dealer tries to sell you extras like undercoating, a security
system, or window etching, say no! Why buy extras for the bank?
Request your free, no-obligation lease quotes today at
CarLeasingSecrets.com and see what deals await you!